The VOX uploader uses a feature of Windows XP to let you copy a lot of files to VOX at one time. It doesn't work with the Microsoft Vista OS. But someone has kindly offered a solution, with a Registry wizard mod that lets you do the same thing in Vista. The feature was meant so that you could upload pictures to online photo developers, but it works fine for uploading to a regular site like VOX too.
Originally, the procedure he gave called for you to edit the reg file that VOX provides. I just made the edit and saved it (and tested it) HERE
After you download it, just click on it and give the OK to have Vista do the change. Then go to Windows Photo Gallery (from the Start button). Any picture(s) that you select will be uploaded when you click on Print. (You should see a VOX icon "Order Prints From VOX" as a selection).
Here is Kunzite1's original Post:
(You can start at step4, since I already edited the file for you! ^^
some people commented about being unable to get it to work under Windows Vista.
- open the
.regfile in your favorite text editor.
- in the key name, change "
ExplorerPublishingWizardPublishingWizardProviders" to "
- run the
- confirm that you do want to merge this file with your registry.
- run Windows Photo Gallery.
- select the photos and/or videos that you want to upload. Windows Photo Gallery does not support audio files at this time.
- under the "Print…" menu, you'll find the "Order prints…" option. select that.
- "Vox" should appear in the list. it'll be near the bottom since it's in alphabetical order. select it.
- click "Send Pictures". if you get a dialogue box that asks if you want to "send pictures to the print company", click the "Send" button.
- the program will then connect you to the Vox Windows XP Uploader webpage.
- it will prompt you for your Vox username and password.
- follow the on-screen instructions.